Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you fellows would at least send me a matchlock pistol, or a Murata carbine or a T 29 carbine (if they made them). Guess not,( think of the future for there is no present).

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,216 Posts
Happy B'day Early Man!
Is your birth certificate written in cuneiform on a clay tablet?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Happy birthday!

·
Silver Bullet member
15,654 Posts
Same here, but didn't you get the present I sent? or did I forget to send it?:)

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks all, we ate last PM at Ruby Tuesdays with Garnet Stansil, Trey, his daughter and gigantic son Weldon Had a GREAT time. Weldon had spent the night with us after helping Ruth and me (mainly Ruth) clear brush back to an old fence line for Weldon's Scouting project. Before our PM meal I saw my sawbones about what what I thought was going to be a future knee re-replacement. Turns out the 23 year ole aftermarket knee is doing pretty well, the problem was tendonitis, had a shot for that. I forgot that he said to put cold and then later heat on the injection site. Today I know why.

Will be going to a show in S. Chas., MO this weekend, maybe I'll find my T-29 carbine? Funny, when I had my big "all Japanese rifles" collection I had a "T-30" w/o tangs, don't think I knew (disremember) that it was termed a T-29?

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Happy late birthday, advanced Grasshoppa. I picked up a matchlock pistol, this past weekend. But alas, it's not from far enough east for you. Indo/Persian, Late 18th, early 19th century. Didn't you say, you used to throw horse-shoes with a gun maker back then? What was his name, Abdul, Abdalla...

Attachments

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again guys, Trenchfoot,not so old, one of my great, great grandsons fought with Lawrence of Arabia. I still need your mailing address, I'm tired of this/your box sitting on the dresser and if I move it it's lost.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Dear El Roningo 48 :

Happy Birthday Arisaka Fats, El Oldie, etc. etc. etc., wishing you and yours the very best that life has to offer ! from the Sotos of Rialto in the sad state of commie-red Kalifornia.

Vicasoto

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guys, Thanks for all your well wishes and for "many years to come," but I don't want that, I'm ready to go. When I saw my Oncologist a week or so ago my"Lymph what ever" has slowly been creeping up and it's back on chemo my next visit at the end of July. It's not bad, just bein stick then four hours while junk dreps into you. AS far as I can tell it has no effect on the way I feel. In past years I've been able to sleep through the treatment until some loud mouth comes into the treatment room and sees an old buddy and wakes me up. Chronic lymphocitic leukemia is a terminal illness, the kind I have gives me about 20 years according to Mr. Google, that's a lot longer than I want

If we all lived forever except for accident or illness then death would be a tragedy , but we all die. And I don't want to hang around and hear about my good friend Azgunso's passing or try to talk through tears at Riceone's funeral. Let them hoist one to my passing, yes Riceone does drink, he makes a mean "gritshine" from those grit trees he grows. Much better than Azgunso's "Christian Brothers."

1 - 20 of 27 Posts