Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a chance to pick up a Baikal Mak normal adjustable sight , very good shape in .380
Since I no longer have a .380 in any variant,, but still have several boxes of ammo,, I was thinking about it..
Price is $150...

But besides wanting helping help in convincing myslef to buy it...:)
Anyone had any reliability issues with these or do they seem to function as well as our regular MAKS??

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Do it!

I've got one of the commercial russian makarovs in 9x18.
I had converted it (for a short while) using one of the navy arms .380 barrels.
Worked 100%.

I've since converted it back to 9x18--it just made more sense to me.

For $150, I'd buy it without having to second guess.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'd jump on that. I used to have a Baikal IJ-70 in .380 and I loved it. I can't believe I was stupid enough to trade it away. I'd love to have it back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Didn't you learn anything in the Corp? Don't over think it, just get it done. Heck, it should've been done yesterday. Now go and make it happen . . . and enjoy. ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well, hopefully you get it. $150's kind of a no-brainer.
I personally prefer 9.2x18 as a round, and in a Mak... cuz, well, that's the caliber for which it was made.
Still. I'd add a Corto to the herd if the opportunity presented itself.
I'd say you've been presented with full frontal opportunity.
-S

·
Registered
103 Posts
Anyone had any reliability issues with these or do they seem to function as well as our regular MAKS??
That was my first Makarov. I haven't shot that one in years, I really should take it out and run a few rounds through it.

No problem, except that it really didn't like Winclean .380.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Shouldn't this read...

"Hay guys! I picked up a .380 Baikal Mak for $150. [photo here]"

:D

If I could find a decent Mak around my area for that price, I wouldn't have time to think twice about it before money traded hands.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I put it on layaway today..

only has one mag,,but I assume normal 9x18 MAK mags will work with the .380??

Would have brought it home today but situation dictates I wait a few weeks!

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's worth it up to the point you'd pay more money than you would to buy a CZ-82. The exceptions to this are German, Chinese, and Hi-Cap Makarovs.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a CZ 82 and a 9x 18 Mak...I like the design so much and have 'needed' another .380 for awhile....and it was a good deal...

Just have to wait a few weeks to play with it. 3 new guns this weekend,, wife is understanding..BUT!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Pulling a 380 barrel

I just picked up a Baikal Makarov with adjustable sight , Ithas a .380 barrel installed in it. I was given the original 9 mm Makarov barrel and would like to re-install it. The 80 barrel shots very well it just that I have lots of 9mm Mak ammo so want to convert it back.

Does anyone have a tool to sell or can send mt a picture of the instulation tool so I can make on please?

Thanks Tom

Please email your picture to [email protected]

·
Registered
28 Posts
I put it on layaway today..

only has one mag,,but I assume normal 9x18 MAK mags will work with the .380??

Would have brought it home today but situation dictates I wait a few weeks!
The normal 9 X 18 MAK mag will work in .380 .I have one IJ with adjustible sight it shoot nice but kick a bit more than smaller Bersa Thunder and it is not as accurate as the Bulgarian 9X 18 MAK but for $150 it is a very good deal .:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts