Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start re-posting a very limited number of my old trainer posts. Ray has kindly offered to do this in parallel, so I owe him a debt of gratitude for offering to do so.

This first post shows a very early trainer made by the Nambu-Ju Seizosho. This model was produced for a very limited time and was the predecessor to the 7/8 Nambu Gun. Until late last year, I'd never seen one of these. Oddly enough, the bayonets (JB-184) are better known than the corresponding rifles.

In the photos, note how the rifle is a full-length T-38 copy, however, the bolt release is the same shape and configuration as that employed on the 7/8 Nambu Gun.

This example is serial number 284. In early summer, another example, in the ~1,000 serial number range, surfaced.

C/

·
Silver Bullet member
15,636 Posts
Seinen,
great info, picts and very nice trainer.

I think we should put all of the trainers into a single thread, I will sticky it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have noticed, in my limited experience, that trainers tend to have 1, 2 or 3 digit numbers. With the large number of these things made, why did they have such small amount serial numbers? Did they recycle numbers?

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have noticed, in my limited experience, that trainers tend to have 1, 2 or 3 digit numbers. With the large number of these things made, why did they have such small amount serial numbers? Did they recycle numbers?

It depends on the maker. Nambu made very large quantities of the 7/8 trainer (80K+), while only about 1K rifles of this particular variant were apparently made.

C/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts