Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
9,815 Posts
Canadian "Dominion" should be great ammo, depending on how it was stored. Pretty dry in Qatar. Can you show pics of what's in the box?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did shoot well and traded way quickly. I dont have any more of the ammunition, this 2000 round case box is empty. The boxes were 50 round commercial packages yellow and black/brown type boxes.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
The 38 S&W / 38/200 ammo trickles in as Police surplus from time to time. We had some FN, South African, and Singapore mfg ammo for those old wheel guns in the early 1990s.

It all shot / sold good for me too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
ammolab

Some time in the mid 90s, I had two separate individuals, both in the business, who told me that there would be a huge shipment of the 38/200 (38 S&W) arriving from India. The story was “India has just about finished switching over to 9x19 and does not need much of the 38/200 any more”. This ammo was to be of Brit. WWII manufacture.

I never saw a ‘huge’ supply of this ammo, did I miss it??? Or were the stories all BS.

My impression of India then was,, that they are reluctant to get rid of any thing that is still serviceable.
The resent influx of India’s version of the No.1 in 7.62 NATO does put some holes in this idea.

Another subject:; Who imported all that Egyptian 9x19mm about 15 yrs ago??? Great ammo, ’for the money’, I bought around 15,000rds. I did get some interesting velocities across my Crony, but my M1911s had no problems with it.

Small Arms Section
45B20

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
ammolab

Some time in the mid 90s, I had two separate individuals, both in the business, who told me that there would be a huge shipment of the 38/200 (38 S&W) arriving from India. The story was “India has just about finished switching over to 9x19 and does not need much of the 38/200 any more”. This ammo was to be of Brit. WWII manufacture.

I never saw a ‘huge’ supply of this ammo, did I miss it??? Or were the stories all BS.

My impression of India then was,, that they are reluctant to get rid of any thing that is still serviceable.
The resent influx of India’s version of the No.1 in 7.62 NATO does put some holes in this idea.

Another subject:; Who imported all that Egyptian 9x19mm about 15 yrs ago??? Great ammo, ’for the money’, I bought around 15,000rds. I did get some interesting velocities across my Crony, but my M1911s had no problems with it.

Small Arms Section
45B20
Didn't hear that Indian Pistol ammo rumor then...but stories like that always pop up. It was either BS or maybe that ammo was such old crap it went to salvage rather than "surplus".

I think the Egyptian 9mm came in two or more importations.. and maybe as many importers as shipments. I think I bought mine from Bad Bob @ FedOrd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.