Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man oh man. Scanned a couple ammo search engines I use and 308 up 20% literally overnight. 223 and 762x39 seem stable for the moment although they've been creeping up the last six months. Pffff. Here we go again.

Anyone okay with shooting eastern European, non brass, non corrosive stuff in their FALs or AR308s and M1As? My favorites to shoot but I may not be stocked deep enough to weather the storm this time around. Plus Hillary just signed us up for another round at the UN in March to revive the International Small Arms treaty.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
You do mean Russian steel case .308, right? Google: steel case ammo in M1A. You will find a lot of talk on this issue. Seems like a lot of guys are shooting steel case ammo in these rifles.

·
Registered
657 Posts
No problem on steel-cased .308 here. My last supplies of battle packs and Santa Barbara CETME ammo are socked away while I use cheap Herter's steel-cased. In fact milsurp 7.62x51 is nonexistent now. I have shot Russian steel-cased in my FALs, PTR-91 and CETMEs with no problems. I have also been using steel-cased .223/5.56 if and when I find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts