Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Is that a good price. I got a bunch of that on the clips and bandos in a 30 cal can at that time it was 29.90 per can.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The way it is packed, 7 forty round boxes, and 1 twenty rounder is how the Malaysian used to come packed. I have never seen Australian packed like that. We'll see, because Century is notorius for mislabeling stuff.

·
Registered
61 Posts
So for someone who is new the hobby, they should pass up a deal like this and do what? Buy commercial ammo for even more. I think some folks should realize that not every one was buying it cheap 2, 3 5 15 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
Well, since Century decided today that they will only sell ammo to 01 FFL's, I guess we won't have to worry about missing out on this deal...or any other ammo deals from them. Bummer! :(

(Edit to read: This only applies in WA as far as I know although others have mentioned CA and NV. I'm still hoping that Century will reverse this decision.)

·
Registered
94 Posts
01s only

I also ordered a can of the .308 from Century this morning. My rep. (Egwin) called me back about five minutes later and said the new policy was to only sell to 01FFLs, at least here in California. It didn't make sense to either of us.

I stopped buying from Sportsmans Guide when they stopped shipping bayonets to California, now it looks like I'll have to dump Century. It's a shame. First the billboard import marks, now this.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with shipping. CIAs wants $12+ for one case of 880 rds to my house. Aim want $39 for the samething. I have all ways wounderd How CIA makes any money on 1 or 2 cases of ammo.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
Maybe it has something to do with shipping. CIAs wants $12+ for one case of 880 rds to my house. Aim want $39 for the samething. I have all ways wounderd How CIA makes any money on 1 or 2 cases of ammo.

As the importer buying it REALLY CHEAP!!!!.....they still make money on the little sale.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Well, since Century decided today that they will only sell ammo to 01 FFL's, I guess we won't have to worry about missing out on this deal...or any other ammo deals from them. Bummer! :(

News to me also. I have a couple of cans to be delivered Friday, Already shipped enroute.:D

Shipping from Aim was $13 and from Century about $12.50 for basically the same ammo.

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
AIM charges me $40 in shipping for two cans. Having ammo shippped to WA state is a killer which is why I usually only bought from Century.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I tried to order 600 rds today, and received a fax from my rep saying that as of Oct 16 Century only sells ammo to 01 FFLs in Illinois. As far as I am concerned, Century is no longer PRO 2A, and I will be calling in the morning to voice my opinion, and ask that I be removed from their system. I will not deal with a company that has these policies, and I will not purchase any products that I know were imported/mfg by Century.. Kinda a shame, as I was going to purchase a Century yugo AK underfolder at a local shop this week, but not now...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I tried to order 600 rds today, and received a fax from my rep saying that as of Oct 16 Century only sells ammo to 01 FFLs in Illinois. As far as I am concerned, Century is no longer PRO 2A, and I will be calling in the morning to voice my opinion, and ask that I be removed from their system. I will not deal with a company that has these policies, and I will not purchase any products that I know were imported/mfg by Century.. Kinda a shame, as I was going to purchase a Century yugo AK underfolder at a local shop this week, but not now...
I share your frustration.

I have never had a positive encounter with Century.....never...

·
Registered
158 Posts
I talked with Herb, and it sounds all politically motivated. Several states IL, NV, CA, NJ, MA etc parts of NY, counties in VA, and certain cities in several other states. This applies only to ammo, not firearms...... (some states cannot buy a thing from CAI not even 01s)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I talked with Herb, and it sounds all politically motivated. Several states IL, NV, CA, NJ, MA etc parts of NY, counties in VA, and certain cities in several other states. This applies only to ammo, not firearms...... (some states cannot buy a thing from CAI not even 01s)
Counties in VA? How is that possible? Counties can't enact any laws more stringent than what the state has, one of the benefits of being a Dillon rule state.

Century needs to pull its head out of its ass.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My rep told me this morning they are only selling to 01's and not indivuals or 03's, although, the rep said "they are working on sorting it out." with no futher information. Eh.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts