Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up on a novelty item I ordered from sportsmansguide. Don't know that I'll ever use it but ordered it anyways. Please note the coupon code number SN632 to get the price down, but must be a club member.

.32 ACP Rifle Chamber Insert
Product: WX2-144006, Size: .303
In Stock.
Quantity: 1, Unit Price: $13.47, Total Price: $13.47

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Information:
Merchandise Total: $13.47
Shipping and Handling: $5.49
Shipping Method: [Ground]
Coupon: [SN632] - $10.00
---------------------------------------------==============-----------
* Grand Total: $8.96

·
Silver Bullet member
2,111 Posts
I don't think the results will be all that good given that .303 is larger than .32. Sill, it might be fun to expariment using various projectiles at short range.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Just a heads up on a novelty item I ordered from sportsmansguide. Don't know that I'll ever use it but ordered it anyways. Please note the coupon code number SN632 to get the price down, but must be a club member.

.32 ACP Rifle Chamber Insert
Product: WX2-144006, Size: .303
In Stock.
Quantity: 1, Unit Price: $13.47, Total Price: $13.47

Payment Information:
Merchandise Total: $13.47
Shipping and Handling: $5.49
Shipping Method: [Ground]
Coupon: [SN632] - $10.00
---------------------------------------------==============-----------
* Grand Total: $8.96
Good find.
I may order one of these but it will be to rechamber the adapter to .32 S&W Long. I already have an antique Handejector in that caliber and I've reloaded .32 S&W with BP for a Safety Hammerless in the past.
My No.1 has a tighter bore than most so even the .32 ACP should work in in it, if the bullet bumps up a tad on firing.
I obtained a box of .315 round ball a year ago to use in cat sneeze loads for the .32 revolvers. I've used cat sneeze loads in .38 special for pest control and short range practice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
.32 Adapter

Heck, just load a 100-gr., .314" SWC or Speer's .314" 100-gr. WC with 4.0 grs. of Unique in the .303 case and have at it; good to 50 yards and cheep.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Heck, just load a 100-gr., .314" SWC or Speer's .314" 100-gr. WC with 4.0 grs. of Unique in the .303 case and have at it; good to 50 yards and cheep.
I'd thought of trying some light cat sneeze loads but since I already have a .32 S&W long and a .32 S&W caliber pistols using an adapter is much more convenient.

I had considered having some gallery practice style cases made up by a machinist. These look like a regular case on the outside but on the inside it has a very small chamber for the charge and is drilled out for a round ball to be tamped into place over the charge.
Steel adapters should have grooves for o-rings, not so much as a seal but to prevent contact with the chamber walls and to center the adapter in the chamber.
The adapters that mount a pistol cartridge on the end of a case body like extension, so the straight pistol case fits into the chamber neck, seal the best and come closer to the leade but they use a separate firing pin and might cause damage to the rifle's firing pin over time.

·
Registered
394 Posts
No export to Aus....

Bloody Brownells wont export these to Australia , Any one in Aus know where I can find a few of these???

pugs.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
But do you have a Saxby-Palmer No4 Air rifle?;)
That would be super cool.

There were some No.4 drill rifes available here for awhile for $25 each. At the time I'd thought about getting one of those and converting it into a "Voyage to the bottom of the Sea" style air rifle.
The chambers were plugged but a friend knocked the plug out of one he'd bought for parts. The chambers were ruined but the bores were perfect.
I'd figured on using hollow base wadcutters cast from soft lead or round balls. That type of conversion used a thick walled cylinder that would hold 2,000 psi or more, some large caliber air rifles these days use 4,000 psi.

I think the type of adapter that held the pistol cartridge into the chamber neck may have been called a "Marble" or "Marvel".
I have a reference book that has a variety of the types once commonly available. I saw that book recently, I'll see what I can find on these and other types.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Bloody Brownells wont export these to Australia , Any one in Aus know where I can find a few of these???

pugs.
I gave Vulch an old Marbles 32 S&W short to .303 adaptor. I still have one - and besides what you may think the ones in 32 S&W have always done damn well in my enfields and of course the Patt'14.
I have used the 32 ACP marbles adaptors for many years too in my gew98's with mixed results. Some gew98's are shotguns with them and some are tack drivers with those little 32 pills.

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
I just use reduced loads in a 303 case to push a 71gr bullet (for the 32 acp) down the bore.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts