Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my brother's estate, I found a barrel. The barrel was found in a wall by my brother when we tore down a house(my Grandma's house...) that had been in our family since the late 1890's. It has been in my brother's possession for at least 10 years. The barrel had a mud wasp in it & the bore is pretty much trashed, but the piece is unique, because someone in my family must have had a Savage M1899 sometime in the past, why put it in the wall is beyond me, but we found it decades later....
I occassionally hear stories about folks who find cool stuff in the rafter's of houses, in barns, or in hidden spots in old places. Post pic's or stories of any cool stuff/guns/goodies you or other's have found tucked away forgotten by those before us....

I find such stories facinating BTW....=+)

Pahtu.

·
Silver Bullet member
37,964 Posts
Cool, the folks at the Savage Collectors Forum on 24hourcampfire.com might be interested.

I am guessing its a takedown barrel (though they would know for sure) since it seems odd to pull a barrel and leave the sights on. Speaking of which, I am sure some collector out there would be intersted in the Marble's rear sight, maybe the front one too.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Ken T, I guess my relatives did not know about barrel clamps, so they used a pipe wrench.....=+(
Does not matter tho, the barrel is in pretty bad shape, bore wise.

Pahtu.

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Cool, the folks at the Savage Collectors Forum on 24hourcampfire.com might be interested."

Thanks for your help Fushigi, this is one of those gun related items that I absolutely have no use for, but will never sell as it was in the old house I had spent soo much time in as a kid & then of course my brother had kept it for years. I'll just keep it in a corner of the old gunsafe & pull it out and look at it every now and then(and give it a good cleaning)....=+)

Pahtu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.