Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I too bought alot of pof 303. some went click........ bang!! Then I got to thinking about cleaning out the inside of the bolt. I unscrewed the bolt head and sprayed down into the bolt with some brake cleaner.. boy did the brown crap come rolling out.. Old cosmo? I guess?? I sprayed some more later same thing happened.. then again and again .. finally the spray came out clear. I do not have the tool to take apart the bolt,, I finally sprayed it out good with rem oil., and put it back together . Went to the range and fired off 120 rounds and not one click ........... bang .. I suppose that 1942 bolt had so much cosmo in there slowing down the firing pin that it caused the problem I so often read about. I hope this helps to all you 303 shooters .. good shooting ....

·
Registered
532 Posts
Getting a better strike on the primer is probably a help, but some of that POF ammo is just junk. Some of it works well, too, so I suspect that storage is a big issue.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Im with springbank There are some POF 303 thats not to bad.
Most is junk its not worth the price they want. I have had click-Bang with 303 POF ammo in guns that Iv put in new springs. All in all the 303 POF is JUNK!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts