Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get some good 303 ammo. I got some awhile back from JG Sales.
80% of it is bad, wont fire. It is stamped RL 1945 L. I got about 150-200 rnds. that wont work.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Does anyone know where to get some good 303 ammo.
Not to be filppant, but so does the rest of the free world :)

You can try Prvi Partisan, Hornady, Federal, S&B, Winchester, Wolf Gold... or handloading. There are no large quantities of decent Milsurp .303 to be had. Much of what does pop to the surface, namely POF, has suffered from less than optimal storage.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no large quantities of decent Milsurp .303 to be had. Much of what does pop to the surface, namely POF, has suffered from less than optimal storage.[/QUOTE]

I had a feeling someone was gonna say that. Was thinking about pulling the bullets and reloading them. Would i be able to use the same cordite sticks for the reloads ? It is cordite right? What about some advice on some loads that will work with the iron sights.

Thanks ya

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Back in '86, importers had surplus ammunition stacked to the rafters... I was buying it by the case in bandos. I bought 15 cases one time, and I think I paid $50 a case. Those days are gone.

The cordite was placed in the cartridge, and then the case neck was formed... so there is not much you can do with it once you pull the projectiles. The cases are berdan primed, and can be reloaded IF you have the proper tools, primers and time. Most folks don't reload berdan cases. Any decent reloading manual will have data for the .303 British Service Cartridge. Loaded cartridges are simply that, there is no specific iron sight load... an accurate load will be accurate whether it is used in a scoped or iron sight firearm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.