Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
who or what marked mauser receivers with a .30 marking-?
its not marked 7.62 it just has a .30 stamped and a seriel number with F code.
FN-? maybe Israel-?

thanks, dave

·
Copper Bullet member
395 Posts
I believe the .30 stamped on the rear of the receiver stands for 30-06. I know the Columbians converted many of thier mausers and that is how they marked them. I have two, a rifle and a carbine. Most ot the Israeli guns are in 7.62 NATO (.308) and are stamped 7.62 in large numbers on front of the receiver. Some also have the Israeli crest.

·
Gold Bullet member
529 Posts
I believe the .30 stamped on the rear of the receiver stands for 30-06. I know the Columbians converted many of thier mausers and that is how they marked them. I have two, a rifle and a carbine. Most ot the Israeli guns are in 7.62 NATO (.308) and are stamped 7.62 in large numbers on front of the receiver. Some also have the Israeli crest.

Brazil also has .30 marked mausers.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
2,661 Posts
It would be helpful if you provided more information.

What writing is on the left receiver side wall? Does it have a crest? What kind of rifle is it aside from being a Mauser. Photos would help alot.

Peru also marked their rechambered 7.65x53 rifles .30 to indicate .30-06.

Dutchman

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a Colombian Mauser barreled receiver stamped ".30" on the bridge and "R. Famage" on the right side of the receiver ring. Various proof marks indicated it had been made by CZ. It was chambered in 30-06.

·
Administrator
9,363 Posts
.30 marked Mauser receiver

From the ".30" on the rear bridge and an "F. " serial number, your receiver is a Reformado Fabbrica de Materiales de Guerra, Bogota, Colombia. (commonly called the M1950 or 52 conversions of existing 7mm Mausers of 1912 Steyr, 1929 Steyr, 1930 FN and Vz24 czech origin. All these rifles were bored out, re-rifled, rechambered (sometimes new barrels) and the stocks renewed or replaced, with accompanying furniture, to resemble as much as possible the newly acquired FN1950 rifles in .30/06; On the rebored barrels, some of the original (Steyr/FN/Cz) markings, serials and dates still exist. Occasionally one will see a "Steyr-Solothurn" marked sidewall (M29 Export Mauser); otherwisae, the receivers have been scrubbed clean. Complete FAMAGE converted Vz24s are distinguishable by the manner of Fore-sight assembly ( as in a Vz24 or Gew98)

Solid actions, already hogged out to feed .30/06; common enough to use for a sporter or truck-gun project. Not worth the trouble to "Restore" to complete M1952 configuration.

Regards, Doc AV
AV Ballistics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts