Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A relatve has a Luger in .30 that has been neglected for decades-The barrel is gone-My question is: Can I have the gun rebarreled to 9mm , is the chamber similar??-Pls help-Tks

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Just...

...be sure its not some kind of rare collectors item, otherwise the 30 cal is just a necked down 9mm, same mag and a better caliber would make that a good rebarrel. Keep the old barrel tucked away somewhere in case it becomes a collectors item! Lugers do that.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Montello, I have not seen the pistol yet, but my intention, if I buy it, is to rebarrel it because its for sure the barrel is in bad condition-When I say rebarrel I mean not changing the barrel but resizing the existing barrel-I had this done years ago in a 7.63 Mauser Broomhandle by a guy in Montana,I dont remember well, I'll look in my papers-The Mauser works allright so I hope the Luger works

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Montello, I have not seen the pistol yet, but my intention, if I buy it, is to rebarrel it because its for sure the barrel is in bad condition-When I say rebarrel I mean not changing the barrel but resizing the existing barrel-I had this done years ago in a 7.63 Mauser Broomhandle by a guy in Montana,I dont remember well, I'll look in my papers-The Mauser works allright so I hope the Luger works

I think you mean "rebore" the original barrel to 9mm Luger, right? Might be cheaper to just buy and fit a 9mm luger barrel (SARCO and others stock them in various lengths) than to have a shop rebore the original one.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ammolab, tks for the advice, I'm going to buy a spare barrel-Havent seen the pistol yet, if its a rare piece(I hope) I'll post it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.