Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for information on the .30 Luft cartridge, would like to know the basic cartridge this was developed from ?

The Luft brothers were gunsmiths in Spokane Washington and worked alot on custom Borchardt rifles in modern cartridges.

The Luft brothers also made a another wildcat, the 333 Express which was very similar to the 333 OKH

·
Registered
229 Posts
Found this information.

All of the old short magnums (Luft, Mashburn, Ackley, O'Neil, Apex, etc) were made from the 300 H&H or 375 H&H since that is all that was available back then. It's not that hard to do but now-a-days you have all the modern brass so why bother? I shoot a 30 Short Ackley Magnum as my HG at 1000 yard NBRSA and I use 300WM brass. The shoulder pushes back without much work and I then trim the extra .010". Or if you don't like trimming you could start with 338WM or 7mmRM. The Norma 308M works too if you can locate the brass. All of the different brass has different inside dimensions, and therefore capacity, and you can control the final capacity of your Mashburn brass when selecting the parent case.

http://benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19351

1 - 4 of 4 Posts