Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few hundred rds of WWII era .30 carbine. Mixed head stamps, LC, EC and WCC. Most appears to be dated 1943, and some 1945. Is this considered collectable, or should I just shoot it? Also, is it corrosive?

Thanks

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
93,671 Posts
All US carbine ammo used noncorrosive primers. No corrosive 30 carbine from US government contracts. Collectible? Dunno, but doubt it.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,767 Posts
carbine ammunition

All US made carbine ammo will be non-corrosive. I'm not sure about some chineese knockoff LC ammo.

me26245

·
Copper Bullet member
8,953 Posts
As far as I know, all the Chinese was L C 52.

·
Registered
124 Posts
THat Second War s tuff you have, 1943 you s ay, Is getting hard to f ind as is All uS carbine ammo. I try not to shoot my Second War carbine ammo much or my Korean US GI stuff. Warning! DO Not shoot any steel cased 1943 Evansville carbine ammo you happen to run a cross. That steel cased 1943 carbine ammo was Not sent overseas and only used for training. And it was crappy stuff that would break extractors. I know one guy who shot a clip of that steel cased US stuff and one round was a Squib, which got stuck in teh upper part of teh barrel and he didnt notice and fired the next shot which blew out the upper part of teh barrel below the front sight.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info. All of mine is brass. I'll probably put it aside. I have most of a case of S&B left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts