Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone shot this stuff from Century? Comments on accuracy, consistancy, dirty, etc. $107.00 for 400 rounds. Is this the same Greek stuff from CMP? Century says the dates will range from the 60's and 70's. I'm looking for some good /cheap ammo for the Garand. Comments...

Thanks all

GT

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
Greek is Greek ! Shoots great in my Garands and Springfields.

regards....roger

·
Registered
430 Posts
Get while you can

No problems with the Greek stuff. It even comes with a reusable ammo can.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan44......It appears it is the same stuff. It appears everyone has it. Different prices. With or without Garand clips. From my limited research, I have found it to be good for my Garand, clean burning, fairly accurate. The cheapest is from Century, $108 @ 400 rds.
I also appears it to be running about .28 to .31 cents a round depanding on shipping costs.
I prefer Century for their shipping costs, $500.00 and under is about $13.00, $500.00 and over is free. Aim kills me on shipping costs. I live in Texas. Hope this helps...

GT

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ordered 480 rds of mixed Greek and 50's US ; all in Garand clipped bandoliers for 150 bucks from a place in Nevada. Most of the Greek was 1`963 .Some was kind of dirty a nd they all cleaned up good except for 2 rds that had bullets Too loose(cameout) . The Greek stuff shot very good. Very accurate also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BUY IT, unlike taxes and crooked politicians this stuff won't be around forever, rather see it in the hands of the good guys than at the bottom of the ocean!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
CMP has the greek 30-06, 480 rounds $127 shipped. CMP stuff runs real well in my 1903 and Garand.

If you are not a member of a CMP affiliated club you could just join Garand Collectors Association for $25 a year, that allows you to buy ammo and rifles etc from the CMP.

John

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,841 Posts
Holy Ancient Thread Resurrection!

·
Administrator
3,429 Posts
Had me excited there for a second until I noticed the thread was FOUR YEARS OLD!!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I actually did get a bunch of Greek from Century before I became a citizen and could buy ammo from the CMP. That and several cases of FNM 303 ammo...

·
Gold Bullet member
2,640 Posts
HXP for only $107/400 rounds! Only 4 years too late. anim_nutkick.gif

1 - 20 of 21 Posts