Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,912 Posts
Good stufffffffffffffffff

From an ammo web page.

"There is nothing bad to be said about this ammo. Danish Military. Good quality ammo packed in a variety of ways. Most of this ammo is loaded with M2 Ball (~152grn) projectiles but later years are loaded with M80 Ball (~147grn) projectiles. Velocity is in the high 2700fps range and this is where M2 Ball is supposed to be.Get it when you can! Brass case, non-corrosive and some bullets are cupronickle while newer rounds are copper jacketed."

I have a wooden crate of this stuff on Springfield strippers, good shooting clean and bright.
Glad I got it when I did, as they were running out. Took at hit from the old gal, but it was worth it!!! Should have gotten more! (left out the Danish part....)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Danish Military. Superb stuff. I have a couple of cases on Springfield chargers (late 60's)and bandoliers, a couple of cases in bandoliers and garand clips (early 90's) and in 30 round boxes (early 90's). I wish I bought more of it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Good, clean ammo, but in my particular M-1, nothing special. Korean surplus actually groups tighter. Brass is berdan primed, so is of no value to a reloader like me anyways...

D.D.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
It has been my experience that Danish '06 ball is some of the most accurate surplus in that caliber. I have and have used Korean PS and KA, Greek, Lake City (various years) Salt Lake, Utah, Twin Cities, Des Moines, Denver, Kynoch, French Military... the Danish was very accurate, as is vintage Den 43. I have fired some outstanding groups out of a Type 2 NM with Danish. I have fired a couple of 8 round groups at 1.1 inches at 100M. The Danish is very consistent with respect to run out and seating depth.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I guess I got an exceptional lot of Korean and a so-so lot of Danish! Must be that my M-1 does not like the 147 gr. M-80 type projectiles as much as it does M-2 ball. I must say that the Danish brass comes out of the rifle so clean you would not beleive it was just fired!

D.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts