Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Others have claimed that the POF .303 that Grafs has now is new production. I don't have first-hand data on this, but am only reporting what I have heard elsewhere.

At the price Grafs is asking for it, I figure that buying Privi .303 might just be the better move.

EDIT. More info states that the POF .303 ammunition is likely going to be 1981 production, Boxer primed, and non-corrosive. Most of the click-no bang POF I have dealt with has been significantly older than this. Privi still seems like the better bet to me.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Anything marked POF is military surplus. All of the 303 that has been imported in the past has not been very good at all because of poor storage in Pakistan. The 30-06 should be newer then the 303 but POF's track record with the 303 may be the same with the 30-06. The Privi is excellent ammo for any 303 Enfield and it's reloadable non corrosive. The POF 303 is Berdan primed, corrosive and not reloadable. I would assume the 30-06 POF is the same as the 303.

·
Administrator
9,610 Posts
Recent POF production is all NON Corrosive, and the Machinery at the POF factory has been substantially replaced with German and Belgian equipment...Go to the latest POF web Page to have a look. POF also sells commercially, besides the Pakistani Gov't/Army. So any Recent Production may not be "Milsurp" but old stock. It seems that the Pakistani's are adhering to the "Rule of Fives" now...after 15-20 years, ammo gets Surplussed, and any Factory stock also goes, because the Army won't take delivery...of "Out of Life" ammo. (ewven if it is perfectly good....

Nations around the World do this on a regular bases, and not only of Ammo...I remember doing a full service on a M113A1 APC, on a regular-Days-expired-since last Service/ Mileage/Kilometrage ( which ever came first). Our Unit being a Reserve type Unit, we Mostly did on a Day expired Basis, but during annual Maneuovres, we often did two or three Mileage services. Ensures all Combat Vehicles are always "In Service", for any eventuality.
Same applies to ammo --Each Year Lot is sample checked every five Years, and allocated to appropriate Tactical/Strategic Reserves or disposal as required.

Doc AV

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
Grafs site says "1981 mfg" and non corrosive. packaging shown is for sure military, not commercial.

May be noncorrosive as labeled by Grafs and I have shot thousands of POF 7.62x51 from the 1980s with no hangfires etc like 1960s POF crap....but $16 bucks a box of 20 in case lots? Too much for me for 30+ year old .303!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts