Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got the EG today:D. Some of you have already seen the other two. Got great deals on all. Bulgy - carry gun ($150):D, PM No import mark ($275):D and the EG ($220):D. There is a blemish that can be seen but for the price I will deal with it. The collection is pretty much complete. The only one left to get is the Chinese and frankly I am ready to start spending my $$ on my 1960 Land Rover. Enjoy the pic.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good prices on all of them. Not sure I like the rubber grip on the one, but it looks sticky. Nice guns and thanks for the pics...............Mike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Jury is still out on the grip. I might go back to the original. Couple more trips to the range will determine. I like the fact that is has a good soft feel and it is grippy but it does feel a bit odd. Takes away from the natural feel of the Mak IMHO. I am curious to see how the grip on the EG feels at the range.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Makawrap

That would be a Makawrap. Either you love them or hate them. They're soft with a padded backstrap and the front has the finger grooves. But they do look a little odd.

-Karl

Jury is still out on the grip. I might go back to the original. Couple more trips to the range will determine. I like the fact that is has a good soft feel and it is grippy but it does feel a bit odd. Takes away from the natural feel of the Mak IMHO. I am curious to see how the grip on the EG feels at the range.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a Makawrap purchased from you, along with some other things. Anybody seen the grip on the EG before? Thumbrest on the other side. Any clue where to get the black ones without the rest?

·
Silver Bullet Member
520 Posts
The grips on your EG are import grips, some had an R or a C in the center. Possible R for Ruko, C for Century imports.

Karl may have the grips you need. If you find regular EG grips there will be no thumb rest, some will have a hole in the lower backstrap for a lanyard and some not. They also had different size heads on the grip screw, and gripscrew hole in the grip.

Hope I didn't confuse you on the grips, but think there are pics at Makarov.com.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't have any more EG grip, but I do have grip screws...and yes they are different.

http://makarov.com/graphics/gripscrews.jpg

and

http://makarov.com/tech.html

Under "Grip Screws"

The grips on your EG are import grips, some had an R or a C in the center. Possible R for Ruko, C for Century imports.

Karl may have the grips you need. If you find regular EG grips there will be no thumb rest, some will have a hole in the lower backstrap for a lanyard and some not. They also had different size heads on the grip screw, and gripscrew hole in the grip.

Hope I didn't confuse you on the grips, but think there are pics at Makarov.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.