1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
It is a very rare civilian sales model. Very few made, even less have survived.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just read that in the other post! It's a very interesting rifle for sure, I hope a member on the forum got it!

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
My question is, why did it go for so much?
There are examples of auctions where two specific bidders will enter into a blow-by-blow match, which typically inflates an item beyond accepted market value. In these cases, money is not always as much of a factor than the specific need to fill a collection slot, or it is sometimes simply a matter of pride - not giving in to the other bidder, no matter the cost.

But I don't see this one as a bidding war. Three bidders placed bids of $3,300 or more. This is a case of a very rare and specific item, for which the market value was fairly set. As we may not see one of these for sale again in the near future, it might serve collectors well to record the details of the sale for when/if another one surfaces.

Also echoing the sentiment above. I do hope we see it here on the Collector's Forum. Discussion of specialized Mosin Nagants is always intriguing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.