Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auction ended. Curious about why this one went so high? In my opinion, just another common refurb 1942 without rails and notch. Anything special I missed?

Looks like someone removed refurb bluing on the bolt carrier and also polished it.

Not even sure if the mag is original Russian.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Auctions are nuts! Sometimes the price paid has no relation to reality. Recently, I saw a run-of-the-mill P.07 SMLE bayonet go for $656. (cdn)! Two morons got into a swingin' (you know what) contest and I just had to shake my head at the the stupidity. At the local gun/militaria shows, when we had 'em, those bayonets go for $175.-$200. in exceptional condition.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Don’t underestimate the Amazon factor. I want something, I got the money, I can buy it off the web and it gets delivered to where I want and can easily get it .

I live in a larger city. Democrat controlled, so it will be a cold day in hell if there is a gun show here. There are quite a few people around here with money to burn on hobbies, including guns, so it’s slim pickings in any gun store within reasonable driving distance. The only store that has milsurp stuff for sale prices it accordingly . $1300 for a beat up 1903a3... no thanks.

So to get anything it’s a all day drive into the small town sticks to rummage through piles of crap at a local gun show or some small gun store that may or may not have what I’m looking for and requires me to be in close proximity to people who may may not be sick. Again, no thanks. I’ll sip my latte in my pajamas at my desk, watch my Tesla stocks on one screen, and bid on GB on things I like on the other ...

Auctions are nuts! Sometimes the price paid has no relation to reality. Recently, I saw a run-of-the-mill P.07 SMLE bayonet go for $656. (cdn)! Two morons got into a swingin' (you know what) contest and I just had to shake my head at the the stupidity. At the local gun/militaria shows, when we had 'em, those bayonets go for $175.-$200. in exceptional condition.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wasr 10/63 going for $1,700 +

Century AK63 D ...over $2,600 at pawn shop sale on GB here ,

China AK's ...NIB are at $5 +

On GB...a TNW...TNW PSH 41.....$5k ,....with BIN at $8K

I seen other ppsh 41's sell for over $3K

Can of China ammo 740 rds. sold over $900 on GB....

Hell...part kits are selling for over $1,000 ....

Ammo, get use to the new prices...cause they are not finished going up.

Someone tag this thread and rehash it in three years.....Bet them new guys will talk of getting ...steals at these prices...

.....overall most prices near doubled on auctions and stores, forgetaboutit for Military surplus that ship sailed.

Wonder what prices these will bring on the Gov.....buy backs or else ...

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Perhaps the buyers were swayed by the seller's comments about it possibly being an avtomat...when he mentioned the stock markings, instead of saying it was a semiauto rifle in an AVT stock, which was common for these imports.
Boy or boy, if I had known what this would sell for in 2021, I would've bought six of them in 1994 when they were on the market in droves.

Reactions: pcke2000

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I remembered when I bought my first SVT-40, a refurb 1941 Izhevsk without cleaning rod, for $750 in 2016, I thought I paid too much. Never thought prices would have jumped up so much since then. It seems like SVT prices started spiking even before the COVID pandemic. I heard it may have something to do with video games?

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
It seems the gun price/acquisition nutism has spread everywhere of late. A friend is looking for a Pedersoli Sharps 45/70 and said they have doubled in price and if you can find one. I looked.
I bought one at Cabela's a few years ago...in stock 1150. and out the door. They are sold out and won't take back orders.
If looking for a defense weapon an SVT 40 certainly beats a single shot 45/70.
I have no idea wtf is going on today....ammo.... primers..... gun prices.
Whatever you are use to price wise went out the window some months ago.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
5 years ago. Note K31' s at $299 as well
But that's up in the Great White North? 5 years ago here, SVT's were quite a bit more, in USD.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I remembered when I bought my first SVT-40, a refurb 1941 Izhevsk without cleaning rod, for $750 in 2016, I thought I paid too much. Never thought prices would have jumped up so much since then. It seems like SVT prices started spiking even before the COVID pandemic. I heard it may have something to do with video games?
I remember wanting one back in 2018 and they were around 1300 low end, 1700 high end. I thought that was pretty steep at the time, but now, with things going the way they are, I don't care as much about price as I used to. Might as well enjoy the hobby and life in general before bolshevism really sets in.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.