Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,245 Posts
Kriggie is right. Very nice shootin iron.

Built same year as my 46. Actions could'a been made by the same fellow.

You won't need to fill in old scope mount inletting with Pop-Sickle sticks like I did in mine. :D

· Registered
1,245 Posts
This thread keeps me thinking...How many of these 9.3x57 rifles are now in the USA and Canada?

Skimming thru other websites and forums they pop up pretty continuously tho it is hard to say just how many are being used. Some guys on other forums seem to buy them then let them sit in a corner unused, unlike the kooks and nuts around here that retire their garden run .270's, .308's and .30-06's and replace them with the New North American Standard Potetkaster Special.

Given a little time, 9.3x57 will be introduced as a factory cartridge by Winchester and Remington, and soon after, .30-06 ammunition sales will plummet as shooters rebarrel their .30's to 9.3 Short en masse. :D

· Registered
1,245 Posts
My gut feel is on the order of 5,000 is possible.
Alas, not quite enough for Remington, Federal and Winchester to commence mass production of multiple bullet loads, gallery ammo and component cases for the Great 9.3 Kort...

:D

· Registered
1,245 Posts
I use rubber-faced wood clamps. Home Depot. A mechanical clamp can be set snug but ceases its clamping effect once set. Spring or other clamps may under some circumstances, because they apply continuous pressure, force too much glue/epoxy, etc out of the crack. This is not likely going to be a problem with Acraglas and the crack you mention, but might be, and just might be with certain wood glues. This is the procedure I use with bedding knife scales where forcing woo much bonding material out of the mating surfaces is a problem, or has been.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.