Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,602 Posts
This thread keeps me thinking...How many of these 9.3x57 rifles are now in the USA and Canada?

:D
I've got at least ten now, five M46's, 5 M146's, one of which is actually a 9.3x62 now. Oh, I forgot the Gustav Genschow 98 in 9.3x57.

I got one a few weeks ago that has been drilled & tapped. The holes are straight but they did a funky job of contouring the rear bridge. left half the charger hump in place so I recontoured the the bridge & surface ground it. I just need to rust blue it and it will be quite the rifle for what I paid.

· Registered
1,602 Posts
Woodbeef, that's a good looking rifle. Have you fixed the crack at the tang yet?

My very first 9.3x57, an older M46, had a similar but smaller crack. I gently pried the crack open and let some acraglas run into it. Then clamped it together and let set. next day I relieved the tang, most of these are too tight, and haven't had a problem since.

· Registered
1,602 Posts
Surgical tubing works great.

I have a correction to my previous statement. My first M46 was cracked however, I did not acraglass it. I only relieved the tang and have been shooting it ever since. My second had a larger crack which I repaired with acraglass and it is still going strong too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.