Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Samco global has excellent grade 24/47's back. Mine has been on back order for 4 months, but it will be here this weekend. They started shipping on 9/8. One guy I know received his last friday. He was blown away. Accuracy is incredable. I know they can be slow, but I've always been happy w/ their rifles. $139.00+ shipping. JP

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Lotta B4the$!

Those 24/47s are a lot of bang for the buck, to be sure!

I have 3 Century "good cracked" that I've restored, and another "U Fix Em" - they are a very well made, solid rifle and like you say, most with as new replacement M-48 barrels are excellent shooters. I've only shot mine with punky old Egyptian milsurp and they were impressive - I'm anxious to see what they will do with decent reloads.

Haven't shot the UFE yet as it's still apart and the bore is pretty rough - for about $50 what do ya want?! At least the bolt came with it.

When and if I get a monster industrial grade barrel vise I might try rebarreling it - although those "safety breeches" can be a bear to fit and headspace.

Since these Mausers are not commonly associated with the 3rd Reich like the K-98s (although I understand the Wermacht did use them in their M-24 configuration in WW-II) and are not as "collectable", the prices remain reasonable, and for a good rugged, accurate shooting rifle they can hardly be beat!

·
Gold Bullet member
11,326 Posts
I just got a nice all-matching 24/47 locally. Built on a FN receiver. Very nice rifle, mint bore, and overall quite well-made.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,794 Posts
Any word on their collector grade package? I've had that on back order for awhile and haven't heard anything lately...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts