Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Saw one the other day and said it was a Japanese .22 rifle. It a bolt looks like a 38 style rifle has a clip I think. What is it and what is it worth. Looks complete and in good shape,didnt check the bore. Thanks. Doug.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Saw one the other day and said it was a Jap .22 rifle. It a bolt looks like a 38 style rifle has a clip I think. What is it and what is it worth. Looks complete and in good shape,didnt check the bore. Thanks. Doug.
Are you able to post some photos? Can't really tell very much from the limited description.

C/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is still in the shop I didnt buy it.I will take a better look at when I can. Looked and felt like a 38 was the same size.Doug.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
No it is still in the shop I didnt buy it.I will take a better look at when I can. Looked and felt like a 38 was the same size.Doug.
Could have been a training rifle. When you return, please make a note of the dimensions and any markings on the receiver.

C/

·
Silver Bullet member
330 Posts
A .22? Sounds interesting. Ask the shop owner if he tested it. Even though you don't have all the answers yet, if the shop owner has it priced low, it may be worth getting now and figure it out later. Kim

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a low price, over 300.00 but he may go down. Was there a cadet trainer in Japan? Got to get backand get more info. Thanks. Doug.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Was there a cadet trainer in Japan? Got to get backand get more info. Thanks. Doug.
Nambu produced some 80K+ of the so-called "7/8 Youth Training Rifle", but that's one of the only truly miniature Japanese training rifles that exist. Still, I'd be very interested in hearing more about the trainer you've described.

C/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts