Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was rooting around in my bits and pieces dummy cartridges box, trying to find some spares to give to the young son of a noob in our club, when I chanced upon this cute little bugger - a 10mm necked down to .22 calibre...................nightmare round.

I seem to recall in the dim and distant past that the British company, CDS, had also developed a range of slide conversions for the M1911 and clones, Browning HP35, CZ75 - but maybe I'm wrong there. What I DO remember with a very clear rememb is seeing a short movie of this cartridge in action, fired one-handed from a M1911 conversion, emptying a thirty-round magazine at at about 1200-1400 rpm - in fact, ALL the empties were still in the air as the slide locked back.

It was designed, I further recall, as a body armour penetrator, and it positively shredded the example that the test-firer was shooting at from about ten metres or so.

Needless to say, the Russians and the Belgians both came up with other, more successful guns and cartridges, but I still feel that a chance had been lost here.

Found this on Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.224_Boz

Pics for your edification......

tac

·
Copper Bullet member
9,739 Posts
Not many of those got into circulation; I was very happy to get one a few years back. Nice round with a nice headstamp. Lots of "non-noobs" don't have that one in their collections. What other "junk" you got lying about???

·
Silver Bullet member
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not many of those got into circulation; I was very happy to get one a few years back. Nice round with a nice headstamp. Lots of "non-noobs" don't have that one in their collections. What other "junk" you got lying about???
Nothing interesting, just the usual stuff that finds its way into what was once a serious collection. Back a few years I had to dispose of about 150 DUMMY rounds that had soft points, after the UK government made possession of soft-point/fragmenting/expanding ammunition illegal for anybody who was not a game shooter. Five years jail for possession of a single round?

You KNOW it makes sense...:tisk:

If you are interested in adding this one to your collection, PM me.

tac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.