Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Lee auto prime doesnt seem to set the primer flush to or below the case head.
looks to me like the shellholder has to much up and down play in it. Any help fellas???
I'm using once fired military brass and win srp.

thanks
Dave

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tumbled em after I deprimed and sized em. cleaned the pockets with the tool . the handle is flat against the body but the primer is still not flush. All the other cartridges I load for the primer is below the casehead.

Dave

· Registered
46 Posts
223 Primers not seating

Hello,

I had a similar problem when seating primers because I was using the wrong shell holder in the Lee hand primer tool. Never had a problem when using a press and the proper shell holder for the press/cartridge.

If you are reloading military cases for the first time then maybe the military cases and primers were made to a different spec than our standardized hunting cartridges.

Be sure to clean the old primer residue out of the pocket and maybe try a different brand of primer.

Cheers,

Squib

· Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got the primers to seat correctly. Must have bent the handle on the auto-prime seating 30-06 . straightened it out and now the primers look good.

thanks for the help

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.