Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one and am wondering if there are more out there. The rifle is slim, full stocked, single shot, and bolt action. It is crown/B and U proofed, but no maker's marks. The nose cap has two holes - one for the cleaning rod, and the other for a rod extension. The nose cap was made with a bayonet lug, and the bayonet sits on the right side of the barrel, with its ring over the muzzle. It is fitted with an Italian military folding Carcano bayonet. I contacted someone who knows German trainer rifles. He feels it is likely a German late WWII item, designed to
arm Volkssturm personnel, making use of the large quantity of Italian items the Germans had.... a sort of "one of a kind" thing. Have you seen or have one, or know who used them?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,597 Posts
Pls post pictures, rare item, we want to see it!!!

·
Gold Bullet member
10,356 Posts
Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to the photos.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raul - Have just sent you a PM regarding getting photos of the rifle to this site.
By the way, bought it in March 2018, on Gunbroker, from a seller in Florida, who listed it
as a "German trainer".

·
Gold Bullet member
10,356 Posts
The rifle is slim, full stocked, single shot, and bolt action.
OP:

Does it look anything like the rifle at the top of the photo?

This is a tiny, child size, .22 caliber, single shot copy of the M91 Carcano. The other rifle is one of the common Vetterli .22 cal. conversions made by Beretta.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
.22 Rifle with Folding Bayonet

Richard & sigshr - Those Italian rifles sound interesting - will look them up. My rifle is different from the upper one in the photo: stock has a pistol grip and no hand guard; front sight has protective wings; rear sight is not present, but there is a recess where one fits - reminds me of the early M1 carbine with the flip type rear sight that could be tapped out to the
side, so I think the missing sight was a simpler type, rather than the leaf sight in the photo.
Still working on getting photos posted.

·
Gold Bullet member
10,356 Posts
Richard & sigshr - Those Italian rifles sound interesting - will look them up. My rifle is different from the upper one in the photo: stock has a pistol grip and no hand guard; front sight has protective wings; rear sight is not present, but there is a recess where one fits - reminds me of the early M1 carbine with the flip type rear sight that could be tapped out to the
side, so I think the missing sight was a simpler type, rather than the leaf sight in the photo.
Still working on getting photos posted.
I have no clue what you have. :confused:

Please try to post photos or send send them to someone who can. We need to solve this mystery!

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts