Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old .22 Ranger that's been in the family for years. Me and my father used this for hunting rabbits some 30+ years ago. I've recently found most of it and I've put it in excellent condition, problem is I don't have the bolt. Any recommedations on where to find a bolt for this thing, I'd love to use it again this fall. Incidentally, there are no other markings on this except for "Ranger S-L-LR" on the receiver, and it's a "tube fed" bolt action.

BKiley

·
Registered
465 Posts
I restored a .22 ranger, it was an automatic, needed new bolt and was clip fed, found all the parts at numerich(gun parts corp)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've got lots of bolts for 22's reconditioned or rebuilt sitting on the shelf. I might be able to help identify what you have with some pictures.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The Ranger 36 is the Marlin. AFAIK, pretty much the same action as the Model 80 and the 81D but the bolts will not interchange. Different placement of the bolt handle on the bolt body. Also different placement of the peep sight. Don't know if this helps.
The Ranger 101.2 is the Savage 238.
The Ranger 101.3 is the Fulton Special.
The Ranger 101.8 is the Stevens 83.
The Ranger 104.7 and the 105.20 are the H & R 120.
The Ranger 120 is the Winchester 1200.
The Ranger 30 is the Stevens 520A.
The Ranger 34A could be the Marlin 80, C, or 780.
The Ranger 35A could be the Marlin 50 - 50E.
And the Ranger 400 is the Stevens 311.
All this is from the Numrich catalog #30. Some of these are not 22's but I have to run right now and don't have time to check.
Good luck,
Jack

·
Platinum Bullet Member
386 Posts
ranger 22

I also have a ranger 22, bolt action clip fed. tracking it down it seems to be a savage 23A, NRA competion model, if that helps. Ranger on barrel, nothing else..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts