Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please share yours .

I'm more of an accumulator than a collector . We take in misc ammo sometimes with used gun trades . If I see something old that I don't have , I add it to the pile ;)

While not too uncommon I guess , I think the Remington Rocket "chicklets" packaging is pretty cool .

·
Registered
66 Posts
.22 ammo collections

Here is a few of my more modern ones. Most of this lot is duplicates that I keep out to look at. All of the important ones are locked away. Too early and scarce to leave setting about.
Old Man
Lets see what this photo will do.

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,336 Posts
I remember in the Boy Scouts, hooting up bricks of the Remington in the Red/Green boxes. I seem to recall, also that my Dad got pretty upset when they raised the price per brick to $5.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm probably more of a accumulator than a collector. I like these 22 displays but have no idea of their vintage. I am on the look out for another as I have enough odd 22 boxes to fill one or two more.

SCWood

·
Platinum Bullet member
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking stuff guys :cool:

I really like those wooden display cases SCW . Are you finding them online or locally ?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guy,

Those cases were in a collection of ammo I bought locally (I probably paid too much). I was sort of luke warm on the whole deal but I really liked the ammo displays.

Have been casually looking for some more but really haven't seen too many. They occasionally appear on Soldusa.com auctions and usually bring between 300 to 500 with some ammo in them. Have seen a couple on Ebay (one Remington just sold for around 210 - empty). I search "ammo display" to find them. Most of them I have seen on Ebay seem to be in rough shape...You know like the old gun show thing..."I got one at home just like it only mines better"...If I get another would like to have a different style/manufacturer than I currently have.

I'm guessing they around 1950s vintage..but really don't know.

SCWood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts