Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 138522 so.. it is now 2009' what wonderful new things are in store for us in 09? i can't see ANY reason for hope $ wise with the FED printing up cash 24/7 soon obama will be prez.. i'm wondering if we'll get those checks he wants to send out to stimulate things? (maybe that'll help?):rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My gut predictions for 09. Residential housing market continues it's slide. Retail sales and commercial real estate implode. Unemployment tops 12%. All gov't and Fed economic policy actions do nothing but exacerbate the problem. Crime continues to spike. Military presence in daily law enforcement type actions becomes more visible in an attempt to get the populace to see their daily role as "normal". A much larger segment of the population will wake up to the fact that we're basically screwed. Unrest will grow, and our rights will shrink. I don't predict things will completely fall apart this year, but they will make huge steps in their downward spiral.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! BeSwift

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
For 2009 I predict that radioactivity from nukuler testing is going to create a giant lizard dinosaur thing that shoots a heat beam and sparks out of his mouth and he is going to ravage the US. It's already happened in other places, as seen below, but the gubment covered it up. Anyway, attacks from these things are going to reduce unemployment to 0% because it's going to kill and eat the unemployed people and create new jobs in industries around the sale and marketing of souveneirs related to the creature.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so.. we DO have SOME good news! (thank you hamboner!):D

·
Registered
637 Posts
Those promised checks weren't to stimulate the economy. They were promised in order to buy votes. It worked too.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
...Giant lizards are good eatin', but, it all depends what they've been eatin'. If you filet and cook a lizard who's been dining on the homeless and unemployed, pretty soon you'll start being late for work, and you won't care, either. And you'll start likin' Four Roses fortified wine served up in a paper sack. Do you use meth ? Well, you will if you eat that tainted lizard. Best watch your 6 and stick to beef and chicken.

·
Registered
27 Posts
soooo is that giant lizard going to get one of those Obama stimulus checks too? 'cause I don't he paid taxes................oh wait what am I thinking that doesn't matter.:mad:

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,940 Posts
soooo is that giant lizard going to get one of those Obama stimulus checks too? 'cause I don't he paid taxes................oh wait what am I thinking that doesn't matter.:mad:
If you make enough money to pay taxes, you're probobly too rich to receive a "stimulus" check.

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Obama's stimulis checks will not be to private citizens.. they will be to states and cities to pay contractors to build infrastructure.

Here is an excellent article on the situation, lacking only the mention of giant lizards to be a definitive essay.

http://www.strike-the-root.com/82/allport/allport6.html

I would also add the "Strike the Root" is a very good website

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
Obama's stimulis checks will not be to private citizens.. they will be to states and cities to pay contractors to build infrastructure.

Here is an excellent article on the situation, lacking only the mention of giant lizards to be a definitive essay.

http://www.strike-the-root.com/82/allport/allport6.html

I would also add the "Strike the Root" is a very good website
Even though I appreciated getting the previous stimulis checks I don't think they did much to stimulate the economy. I would rather see that kind of money going to create jobs and build things of benefit to all.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,911 Posts
The stock market has been and will continue for another month or so to price into the market a massive stimulus package THAT IS SUCCESSFUL. But when they stimulus fails to do anything the stock market goes to the 6000s. Unemployment will top 10% and inflation will resist dropping, though it will not go up, because the money pumped in will be just enough to counteract the drop in demand affecting price levels, but no work at bringing the economy back to function.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
9,940 Posts
20 years ago the Dow was at about 2000. The scary thing is that a current level between 6 and 7 thousand, factoring in dividends over that time, doesn't represent a crash - it represents a return to normalcy. I don't think a lot of people get that.

·
Diamond Member
13,476 Posts
Petrov, thats true of Real estate and most other things as well. And yet... the goverment is hell bent on reinflating all the prices and having the tax payer pay for it.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
For 2009 I predict that radioactivity from nukuler testing is going to create a giant lizard dinosaur thing that shoots a heat beam and sparks out of his mouth and he is going to ravage the US. It's already happened in other places, as seen below, but the gubment covered it up. Anyway, attacks from these things are going to reduce unemployment to 0% because it's going to kill and eat the unemployed people and create new jobs in industries around the sale and marketing of souveneirs related to the creature.

Lets just hope he starts in Wash DC..... hahaha....BeSwift

·
Banned
9,193 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts