Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The top looks to be A 25 cal. handgun round put in A sloted steel case that has a rod inside to fire the round. The case is 1 3/4 in. long, no stampings. Other is I think 7 m/m wood round. Caseing is all aluminum 2 1/2 in long. Headstamp is nwm 30 57. The steel sloted one is the oddes round I think I have seen. Anybody have any ideas on these

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
looks like a .25 ACP round in a "cartridge adapter" to fire in a 257 Roberts or 250-3000. These things are available to fire a bunch of proper bore diamter pistol rounds in rifle chambers, like 32ACP in .303British, 30-06 etc....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cartridge adapter

thanks ammolab, so why would they make a round like this? It would have little hitting power for that type of gun and are they still made?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Chamber adaptors are still made and serve the purpose of short range training ammo or hunting smaller game than the full size round. You can get .303 inserts to take 7.62 x 39, .223 for .22RF. The only problem is sighting is usually different!

·
Registered
849 Posts
The experts tell me this is a cartridge adaptor made by a company called "Marble's" and could date back to 1910 or later and ar eknown to be listed in catalogs form the 1950's. There should be a number stamped on it somewhere to identify the exact use. This one is probably a 250-3000. The idea of the adaptors is to shoot less expensive ammunition for target practice or lower velocity ammunition for pest control.

D.D.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts