Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on a Carcano M38 short rifle and have noticed something I have never seen before. There is a small 2 stamped near the Terni markings on the barrel badge plate area and also on the front end of the stock near the bayonet attachment point. The stock is kind of crudely made for most of these rifles that I have seen but the action is very well made. Does anyone know whether these were ever stamped as being 2 grade like some of the other Finnish models supposedly were? I was also trying to remember what the Finns did to the sights to get these to shoot closer to the point of aim? I read through my notes but I apparantly never wrote down exactly what they changed. The main reason I am asking is this rifle has what looks like a real high front blade sight. Thanks for helping dumb old man out in advance! Bill

·
Silver Bullet member
1,093 Posts
I think you answered your own question when it comes to the change in point of aim. My SA marked Carcano and the couple others I have seen, all had a pretty tall front sight. As for the #2, I have no clue.:D

·
Gold Bullet member
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Than they didn't mess with the back sight at all just the front one I take it? I have never seen these 2's on any Carcano and they really have me wondering! Thanks! Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts