Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have 2 EGs, a Bulgy, and 2 Russian milsurps, but have never seen a Norinco Mak in person. I make it a point to note the grip-to-frame fit in every Mak picture I see. In the above Norincos, the grip fit is on par with EG, and most Russian milsirps; it has a seamless junction, where the upper grip meets the frame. That junction is critical for comfortable shooting, especially if firing 50 rounds or more. When the grip and frame are misaligned there, it creates a sharp line that irritates the web of the hand. Every EG I have seen, and most Russian milsurps are seamless there, but not so for Bulgies. Most Bulgies I have seen, including many pix, are misaligned there, some much worse than others. On my Bulgy, I rounded the grip edge off, and spaced the grip with tape between grip and rear of frame. That helped some, but it still is no where near as aligned as EGs and most Russians.

Those Norincos are impressive! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.