Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
56,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these aren’t collector guns but I have found 9mm in a PCC type firearm to be one of the funniest firearms to shoot. I bought the NAK9 that takes Glock mags some time ago, while the newer 9S (scorpion mags version) was just released. I got to say I much prefer the curved mag look and the last round hold open is also a plus. I just hope it runs as well as the Glock version which has been flawless…

BTW back when I first the NAK you could get the PAK buffer tube adapter for $15 (the adapter now on the 9S) now they are unavailable most everywhere. That said to mount the 2nd tube on the NAK all I did was reverse a standard buffer tube (closed end towards the gun), drill it for a 5/16 hole and attached it with a bolt through the hole where the rear sling swivel located. Had I had an 11mm bolt I would have used that (the thread of the swivel) but 5/16ths works as well it just needed a bolt to hold it in. It makes for a cheap and easy buffer tube mount for a brace.

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

·
Registered
7,593 Posts
it's too bad they don't make a metal mag for the VITYAZ, then you can cut that mag down put a spacer in to make it a single feed to make it a feed tower then weld it onto a 70 round SUOMI drum..........like I made for my MP5K :D

and my 9mm PPS-43 :D

·
Silver Bullet Member
8,142 Posts
The 9mm NAK are fun to shoot.
I have the 16 inch version because I kinda had a hankering for a 9mm full length AK type rifle for some time.
These are affordably priced.

mriddick., looking forward on feedback about the 9S version performance.

·
56,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Mac 11/9 with lang upper that fulfills all the drum wants I could ever have ;) I really hope the 9S runs as well as the NAK, which really has been flawless.

·
Registered
153 Posts
A little off topic, but can anyone recommend a no drill pistol brace adapter for the Draco? I’ve seen a few versions, looking for suggestions.

·
56,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little off topic, but can anyone recommend a no drill pistol brace adapter for the Draco? I’ve seen a few versions, looking for suggestions.
What brace do you want to end up with, IMO that has a lot to do with the type of adapter you might want to look at in terms of adapters.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
i like the look of the one with the Skorpion mags.
The K-USA KR-9 I just bought is going back to them - I think the receiver is off spec 🤬 I’ve never heard anything like that with these Romanian 9mm AKs

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Are the mag feed adaptors Aluninum or polimer? Scorpion mags are inexpensive and plentiful.The manticore mags have steel feed lips. They do scratch the polymer though unlike straight poly mags do. Ive dropped my all poly cz mags alot. Ive had none break. I had a KV 9 but liked the CZ micro scorpion better. 9 mm seems to be the cheapest plinking around ! Shoot cheap and often.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mriddick thank you for the write-up. I decided to pull the trigger while Atlantic has them on sale for $560. Eventually, I'd like to SBR it. Anyone know how difficult the conversion process is once i've gotten the tax stamp?

·
56,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mriddick thank you for the write-up. I decided to pull the trigger while Atlantic has them on sale for $560. Eventually, I'd like to SBR it. Anyone know how difficult the conversion process is once i've gotten the tax stamp?
It's probably one of the easier conversions considering there's a 11mm threaded hole in the back of the gun that could be used to mount any number of stocks. I went with a brace with the idea that if at some point I need to SBR it will happen but until then the brace will do.

·
56,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Are the mag feed adaptors Aluninum or polimer? Scorpion mags are inexpensive and plentiful.The manticore mags have steel feed lips. They do scratch the polymer though unlike straight poly mags do. Ive dropped my all poly cz mags alot. Ive had none break. I had a KV 9 but liked the CZ micro scorpion better. 9 mm seems to be the cheapest plinking around ! Shoot cheap and often.
The mag well adapter is polymer, as far as I know only the PSA AKV has the metal mag well. It does seem fairly substantial though and I don't think it'll be breaking anytime soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts