Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/1900-RUSSIAN-MOSIN-NAGANT-MODEL-1891-RIFLE/35310953/LotDetail.asp?lid=35310953&rts=/asp/searchadvanced_i.asp%23searchid%3D0%26type%3Dlot%26search%3Dmosin%2Bnagant%26sort%3Drelevance%26view%3Dgallery%26length%3D25%26start%3D1%26refine%3D#topoflot

Anyone here pick it up? It was very interesting to watch this auction unfold. I knew this one would sell for big bucks, even with the mis matched bolt and floor plate. Rest of it looks to be original condition for a pre-1908 M91.

Hammer price seems to have been $2,500 sold to someone on the floor.

A very amazing rifle!

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What made that one so special?
Besides the mismatched bolt and floorplate, it looks to be in original condition. Never was upgraded with the post-1908 features and still retains the original sling configuration (no sling slots), no cross bolt, and the flat rear sight. Finding one in this condition is incredibility difficult. Not sure if $2,500 + taxes and auctions fees is the going rate, but you don't see enough of these come up to get a real market value.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
It will be interesting to see the front band configuration when you get it in. There are at least two different style of sling swivels. The one in the auction seems to have a much longer shank than on mine.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Congrats Yuriman.

I have been amused by the morons on the various FB pages claiming there's no way that old Mosin is worth more than $200, etc. It shows you don't need any knowledge to have an opinion ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Besides the mismatched bolt and floorplate, it looks to be in original condition. Never was upgraded with the post-1908 features and still retains the original sling configuration (no sling slots), no cross bolt, and the flat rear sight. Finding one in this condition is incredibility difficult. Not sure if $2,500 + taxes and auctions fees is the going rate, but you don't see enough of these come up to get a real market value.
Thanks for the info. I have an 1895 and 1899, 1895 has the original stock, magazine mounted sling swivel and such. A few DDR marks on the stock, probably not the flat topped sight. I see where one in original condition and that old might be extremely hard to find! I think I'll go dig those two from the back of the safe and look at them a bit closer.

·
Premium Member
3,904 Posts
Congrats Yuriman.

I have been amused by the morons on the various FB pages claiming there's no way that old Mosin is worth more than $200, etc. It shows you don't need any knowledge to have an opinion ;)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I like to rile them up in that group. There's a lot of people who believe that Mosins are $60 rifles.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.