Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
65,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Presented for review are two pistols. Not old pistols, but in fact, very new. They would be considered a commemorative firearm. It is a limited edition as only 101 units were obtained.
The pictures show unit # 6 and unit #50. The initial 101 units were spoken for and a waiting list exists. Very few of these 101 units or of prior editions will be found on the market.

The edition was commissioned by the 2-101 AVN after its return from Iraq at the end of December, 2005.

Unit No. 50 belongs to me.

·
65,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not trying to sell. One of two of my grandchildren will get them when they come of age. (The other one already has his - #6 - in care of his father.)

Took a bit to get them. When they were first delivered it was noticed that the markings were wrong so they had to go back to have it done correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue with the markings but wasn't sure what to do about it. Did you send them back to Springfield? If so, what was the process? Thanks for any help. Glad to see the grandkids in the loop, that is the best place/way to pass them on.

·
65,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My understanding was that the group in charge of the acquisition noticed the error and sent all of them back to be corrected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nope, mine missed being corrected, either that or the correction was hastely done. the big issue was the OIF III. Looks like it started out of OIF II and they added the third I later on. Didn't end up as clean as it should. Spent the next year on the road and had little time to do anything about it. Even gripping to Lampy didn't help. Happy Veterans Day!

·
65,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are right, that was where the mistake was made. Mine were redone very neatly. From your experience, I am thankful.

Either a different person doing yours or they were interrupted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts