Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just purchased a minty IJ-70-18A Russian Makarov at a gun show here in the free state of WY! This is my first Makarov so this is all new to me. It came with the original box, manual, four magazines, and 2 boxes of HP ammo. I wrote a check for $225. I have a CZ-82 and even though it is not a Makarov I thought it needed a friend. I think I did okay on my purchase considering no paperwork, tax, or transfer fees.

· Registered
111 Posts
Troy308,
You're doomed to repeat the process. I bought the same thing about 15 years ago, and after firing it, went out to get another within 2 months. Have since added a couple others of the Bulgarian and ARSENAL variety. Although prices have risen over the years, they are still the best value you can get for the money. You got a good price too. Have fun.

· Registered
15 Posts
Enfield is right.

I bought the IJ-70 back in about 1995 or so. When the Bulgarians became available I got one of those. I liked it so much I thought I needed a spare so I got another one. I had a Norinco at one time but sold it to a friend. I would like to have an East German but I let them get expensive, I could have gotten one back in the ninetys for $160.00 and did not do it. When I joined the Army National Guard in the mid eighties, they were pictured in intel books on the Russian army and I always wanted one, when they showed up here I could not believe it. The IJ-70 is russian commercial with the adjustable sights and I like it alright but the Bulgarian is like the original. I let my Dad have the IJ-70 for his house gun but he never even shoots it.

· Registered
440 Posts
Of course, you stole it!
The first one I purchased was an Ij-70, from Buffalo Firearms in Dallas Texas, with two magazines, holster, lanyard, cleaning rod, technical manual, and box for $105.00. It was a .380. That was 16 years ago.
The next one I bought in Green River Wyoming. It was a Bulgarian, in new condition, 9x18 with another magazine and holster. $168.00. That was 5 years ago.
The last one I purchased a few days ago was an East German with magazine--that's about it. New, apparently unfired, $350.00.
The last one I bought with the intention of gifting someone, but changed my mind--it's staying with me on my bedsted.
I'll buy more as time goes on.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fun, accurate, and reliable!

Took the Mak out this morning after church. I was shooting dead on at about 25 feet. The Mountain Dew can had no chance. I wish I had brought more ammo with me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.