Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently i moved over the the non military side of swede firearms and picked up 2 Husqvarna 9.3x57 rifles. Just started reloading and am having a blast so far! One came with scope mounts and the other has no provision for one.

They didn't come till saturday after 3pm but i managed to hit a gunshow in the am and picked up a box of norma ammo. Only box i could find in the whole show and it looked like it had been sitting ignored for years. I also picked up a scope to fill the mount.....unertl 4x that matches the vintage look.

Pics of the scoped one....

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice. The last couple of gun shows all I got from ammo dealers were dumb looks when asking about 9.3x57 and 32-20. I went ahead and got a lifetime supply of brass and bullets from Graf's, and some 9.3 bullets on sale a Midway. I figured the expenditure now was better than a hassel later on if I could not find any .

Here's a picture of mine.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew right where to get the ammo at the show......and he didn't have any! Figures our local rare/funky ammo guy would only have 9.3x62. I ended up finding the norma box stashed in a bin at the back of another table piled with ammo....price was good too. I planned on reloading from the start anyway, just need to scare up the supplies.

This ones been rather abused as far as the screws go, heads pretty beat up and the previous owner filed down the back of the tang slightly for no reason i can see. Other than smoothing out the tang grind marks and touching up the blue in that spot its good to go after a cleaning.

Nice. The last couple of gun shows all I got from ammo dealers were dumb looks when asking about 9.3x57 and 32-20. I went ahead and got a lifetime supply of brass and bullets from Graf's, and some 9.3 bullets on sale a Midway. I figured the expenditure now was better than a hassel later on if I could not find any.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine is an earlier Mod 46, vintage 1929 with very pretty wood. It had an area under the front sight where blueing had rubbed off but it cleaned up and touched up very well. It is pristine, not drilled for scope mounts and I think I shall leave it that way. I like the clean early European sporter lines and the express like rear sight.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the earlier ones also, pics of the other one i picked up.... also in 9.3x57.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts