Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Diamond Member with Oak leaves and Swords
2,948 Posts
The 1pn34 is the first generation N.V. scope and the others are 2nd and 3rd. You can find them on ebay and on other forums and IF you have a use for one, they work O.K. There are others that are much better that you can get a PSL/weaver top mount and use for 'yotes and other varmints.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Before you go to the expense, make sure your state allows the use of a centerfire weapon for night varmint shooting. I bought three 1pn34's for my Bro's and I. We love 'em. They're great for the cost, in our opinions. Got them from a man in Helsinki (E-bay) for about $300-360 each. Shipping was like $70-80, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,039 Posts
Actually both the 1PN34 and 1PN58 are 1st GEN scopes. The 1PN51 is 2nd GEN, I think.
Correct. The 58 is just a bit slimmer than the 34 but otherwise identical in form and function and both are Gen 1. The 51 is Gen 2. Lately I've seen a 58 for sale with all accessories for $800 and a 51 that went for the same price but missing the carry box (at least).

It is not so much designed for precision marksmanship, but it is capable of good accuracy. While shooting supported prone to zero my 34 to my PSL at 300 yards, I got one 5-shot group that was an honest 5" group using '86 Czech. The other groups that day were similarly sized but nearly all had that one flyer that destroyed the average.

Keith

·
Registered
339 Posts
I picked up a 34 but was dissapointed in the field of view. The optics were nice and crisp clear where I point the reticle, but I was hoping for better "observation" abilities.

I picked mine up on ebay for $475 (that includes the mega-bucks shipping and insurance from Finland.) The kit is cool as crap - everything inside you need plus English copies of all the manuals. The AA conversion was already done - I run mine on rechargeable 1.2v's from Energizer. The add listed the metal container as being dented or possibly rusty, but she came through looking great.

I haven't figured out what I'm going to do with it...it's a great piece of history to with my PSL and I really lucked out with a beautiful looking and working example, but $475 ended up being a lot of money for something that didn't end up fitting my needs.

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
I picked up a 34 but was dissapointed in the field of view. The optics were nice and crisp clear where I point the reticle, but I was hoping for better "observation" abilities.
No offense to you, but that is exactly how Generation 1 night scopes work, be that Soviet or American. If you had done some light reading about nigh vision rifle scopes ahead of time, you would have known about the narrow field of view.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.