Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprised to see a 199 bulgy circle 10 at a local pawn shop. It was in pristine original condition, 3 mags. Original thumbrest grips. If I didn't have an equally sharp 9x18 bulgy Mak, I would've picked it up. Is this a good price for most areas? This is the Portland/OR, Vancouver/WA area.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was surprised to see a 199 bulgy circle 10 at a local pawn shop. It was in pristine original condition, 3 mags. Original thumbrest grips. If I didn't have an equally sharp 9x18 bulgy Mak, I would've picked it up. Is this a good price for most areas? This is the Portland/OR, Vancouver/WA area.
Pristine Bulgies can easily sell for $250-$300. And 3 mags -- a good investment for someone.

·
Copper Bullet member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gehr Rd area, Orchards, WA (north vancouver area)

I visited 3 shops in the Gehr Rd area of Vancouver. I believe it was at the Easy Pawn on NE 4th plain, but I spent a lot of time at Continental Loan & Jewelry because they had some surplus rifles. I was trying to figure if it was cheaper to buy one there or use my C&R to buy one online. With shipping and stuff, sometimes its cheaper to buy slightly more expensive stuff locally. Unfortunately, they were missing all accessories. There are 3 shops right there in that area near Sportsmans Surplus. I hope I have the names right since I just know where there are, I looked up the names using google maps/names/locations.

Good luck picking it up. I would think that after the holidays, nobody is buying anything right now. Looked like most of the business for those shops was shop buying from the stream of folks walking in selling stuff.

I thought about the investment angle too, but I don't ever seem to sell anything! I just keep what I get.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Nice find in a Pawn Shop Mister!

... Original thumb-rest grips...
Are talking about a Red Star grip with a thumb-rest? If so it came on the Chinese commercials made for import. The Bulgie's came with a Red Star w\o thumb-rest. The black thumb rest grips came on Bulgie's for import with an original Red Star thrown in the box at the Importer. Nevertheless, a great price for what you describe Mister, someone will get a nice present for Christmas. View attachment 136452

·
Registered
12 Posts
I visited 3 shops in the Gehr Rd area of Vancouver. I believe it was at the Easy Pawn on NE 4th plain, but I spent a lot of time at Continental Loan & Jewelry because they had some surplus rifles. I was trying to figure if it was cheaper to buy one there or use my C&R to buy one online. With shipping and stuff, sometimes its cheaper to buy slightly more expensive stuff locally. Unfortunately, they were missing all accessories. There are 3 shops right there in that area near Sportsmans Surplus. I hope I have the names right since I just know where there are, I looked up the names using google maps/names/locations.

Good luck picking it up. I would think that after the holidays, nobody is buying anything right now. Looked like most of the business for those shops was shop buying from the stream of folks walking in selling stuff.

I thought about the investment angle too, but I don't ever seem to sell anything! I just keep what I get.
Thanks, Steve. I called the one on the 4th Plain, but they won't sell to OR residents. Not my lucky day...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Outside the State of Wash. we are all considered aliens. :)

Are Oregon residents considered "aliens"? Oh, ho, ho,ho. Ahhh, haaa, haaa, haaa. That's Punny! Sorry, had to have a little fun with that one aliensrus. You were so close to having the Mak, and that is not funny. :(

·
Copper Bullet member
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
FFL transfer

Sorry about the hassle with the shop. I have had problems buying from the Portland gun show before, but they always suggestion the same solution. An FFL to FFL transfer. If you can find an FFL in Vancouver who will transfer for cheap and an Oregon one who will also transfer for cheap, you could do it.

For me, it turned out to be expensive because the FFL in WA I agreed to ended up charging me a large transfer fee plus tax. They also shipped it FEDEX or UPS which added more. If the shop has an FFL and you have a cheap fee FFL in Portland, it will just be the single fee plus shipping (plus cost of the pistol!).

I guess I don't recommend all that after my experience, just depends on how much things add up to.

I have a C&R now, but my FFL here charges 15 if I need it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.