Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 1942 M91/30.

the Hungrian light ball fed through all my Mosins just fine.

The Czech ammo has a larger 'flat' section on the base.

It was really jamming the bolt after most shots, not so much once the rifle was heated up.

I hope this ammo feds, sorry EJECTS better on my post war M44.

The Czech ammo fed fine and shot great, just didn't want to let the bolt rotate.

I didn't see an marks on the AMMO, but once home I saw a couple of semi-circle metal shavings about the diameter of a the shell base. Ouch!

I'll post this elsewhere if I find a better spot on these forums.

Did 'they' change the cartridge base at some later year? Maybe for "machine gun only"?

I also noticed the Czech ammo didn't give a fireball like the older Hun ammo.

·
Gold Bullet member
785 Posts
Make sure the chamber is thoroughly free of cosmolene. I had a similar problem with a M39 Finnish Nagant...bolt was very hard to open after firing. Took a 12 gauge bore mop chucked up in a drill and cleaned and polished the chamber...got rid of all the cosmo...never had any more problems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but like I said I shot other ammo just fine throught this rifle

and I did tear it all the way down when I first got it, and used a 'chamber brush' among other things.

I also shot Winchester non-corrosive no problem.

Like I said the "1980's Czech" ammo has a noticeably bigger flat base and the case, with less sloping to the rim.

Basically, it has about a .5 MM X .2MM bit of metal that the other ammo just don't got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.