Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at replacing my rusted barrel on my 94 and change it to an octogan barrel. Who Might be doing this conversion? any information appeciated

·
Registered
720 Posts
The better question might not be "who", but "why". Unless you have a no-cost barrel and the skill to do your own replacement, I just don't see this as a great plan. Sentimental attachment only goes so far. At the end of the day you'll end up with a parts gun worth maybe 300.00. Sorry. Just the opinion of someone who's learned when to stay out.

·
Silver Bullet member
675 Posts
If the bore is good get the whole thing cerakoted or some other refinish. The rcvr likey has or will have speckiling anyway. Cheaper and more value for hunting. No loss of collectibility for that year.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Perhaps we are missing something concerning your desires. But as simply set forth, I concur exactly with iwanna. Economically non-feasible. Even as a (skilled) self project, it would be in the same category. Far better just to shop through the considerable iterations of the Model 94 including the commemoratives. Surely you can find one there to suit your tastes. You will be money ahead and have a potentially more 'collectible' all original piece.
My take

1 - 4 of 4 Posts