Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here and I had a few questions regarding my shotgun, I recently picked up an Ithaca model 37 that has a hole on top where the sight should be but the hole is not threaded. I was told that starting from 1955 Ithaca released their guns with a front pill shaped raybar sight. I was wondering if anyone here knows where I can get an original or NOS front pill raybar sight. I'm not really interested in aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Gun Parts Corp carry these in Green and Red...........

Scroll down on the parts list on the right side.

The current Ithaca makes these again so you could probably get one from them direct........

·
Silver Bullet member
32,404 Posts
+1 on Ithacagun, that is the route I took

This was for an X-5 rifle, but it fits the Deerslayer front sight.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don't think the current offerings from IthacaGun are marked 'RayBar' if that makes a difference to you.

They simply call the sight a fiber optic now

Up to a couple yrs(?) ago I believe they still offered the orig RayBar.
Maybe they still do and I've just not been able to locate them on their site.

The ones Numrich offers are the non-Raybar marked ones.
You can usually find orig's on Ebay. Lots of people took them off of their guns over the years. Most real Gunsmithing operations usually have a shotgun front site bead 'jar' of take offs on the bench, There's generally a couple RayBars in there. Finding a real gunsmithing shop is the tough part.

The stud on the sight has always been a #6-48 thread on the M37 pump. That's a standard scope mount and sight mount screw size.

The Raybar on the M37 had 2 bands securing the catapillar bead up till about '74 or 75. Then they switched it for some reason to a single band securing the bead.
Probably saved a 1/4 cent per unit in vendor costs in desperate times...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts