Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our specs are the same-- I believe these to be what I would call 2A1 modified carbines. Numbers matching with the exception of the muzzle nose piece and mag. I received 2 mags-- 1 aftermarket and one original 12 rnd mag.. I had to beat and bang on the aftermarket to get it feeding correctly and it had never been disassembled. It had been epoxy'd like John Sukey's. Mebbe it was his. The clincher for me was the blood stained sling that came with it. I'm new to old rifle gig. Fool born in 1943.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
From what I had read, Navy Arms Company owns Gibbs rifle Company, inc. and these two companies was the ones who cut down the barrels on full size rifles to make carbines out of them. Since my Ishapore 2A1 Tanker has no import markings on it, there's no way to find out who had done the work on mine.

Mid-age

·
Silver Bullet member
15,733 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Gibbs extreme quest in excellent condition, mirror bore ect. shoots great! it did take a while to wear some of the hard nickel off the bolt, it was had to cycle the bolt when it was first used. This has a compass, fishing line and hooks, and matches in the butt, presumably this rifle was all you would need for an extreme quest :)
The number 5 copy with a real no.5 is also a Ishy 21a, this is a navy arms version, again in great condition but mis matched.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I like the tri-tone color on my Tanker. The butt plate and bolt was left in the white while rest of the metal has a black finish to it. The wood stock and forearms has the dark brown wood. I'll leave it as is.

Mid-age

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.