Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pick up this 1966 Ishapore 2A1 Enfield Tanker in 7.62X51 NATO today. Yes I know there's no such thing as a Enfield Tanker but once I saw it, I know I had to have it. I don't know who made it, there's no import marking on it. It could be Navy Arms, Gibbs Arms or Bubba. The barrel is 19 15/16 inches long and the bore is shiny and the rifling is strong and sharp. The medal surface has black paint on it which is starting to come off. The bold is in the white. The butt plate is made of aluminum and it's in the white too. The receiver, barrel, rear sight and bolt has matching numbers on them. The muzzle cap and magazine has different numbers on them. The stock looks new on the outside and once I took the stock off I saw it was brand new on the inside. Yes the stock has been cut and glue at the barrel band. I have post some pictures of it below. I only hope who every done the work did a good job on it. I have always like short barrel carbines. This Ishapore 2A1 Enfield Tanker will be a good companion for my Spanish FR-8.

Mid-age

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RH7777

You are right about the glue not holding. If mine come off I know someone who can fix it for me and it will never come off again. I do need to take it to the shooting range to see how this bad boy shoots and hope the front end doesn't come off. LOL.

Mid-age

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JB White

Thank you for information. At less now I know why my Tanker is unmark. Before I bought this Tanker I did my homework and read all the bad and good reports about them. I went back to the gun store and give this Tanker another look over. Once I saw it was not a junker and the price was right plus I know what I was getting into, I jump on it. As for the front end of the stock, I going to fix it from coming apart before I shoot it. I have read how other owners who had fix theirs and some of them had some good ideas.

Here's some specifications of my Ishapore 2A1 Tanker.

-OVERALL LENGTH: 39 3/8"
-BARREL LENGTH: 19 15/16"
-WEIGHT: 8 LB 14.6 OZ
-MAGAZINE: 10 ROUNDS
-STOCK: WALNUT?
-FOREARM: WALNUT?
-FINISH: CHEAP BLACK PAINT

Mid-age

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
From what I had read, Navy Arms Company owns Gibbs rifle Company, inc. and these two companies was the ones who cut down the barrels on full size rifles to make carbines out of them. Since my Ishapore 2A1 Tanker has no import markings on it, there's no way to find out who had done the work on mine.

Mid-age

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I like the tri-tone color on my Tanker. The butt plate and bolt was left in the white while rest of the metal has a black finish to it. The wood stock and forearms has the dark brown wood. I'll leave it as is.

Mid-age

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.