Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have been over it with a magnifying glass, nothing out ordinary for a Ishapore. I have taken to the range and after a leisurely hour and 40 rnds, inside at 50 yds, its very accurate for that range. Muzzle blast was somewhat excessive, but I believe the 20" barrel is the cause of that. I have seen these referred to as mini 2a's but I don't think that is a factory design. Mystery to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Our specs are the same-- I believe these to be what I would call 2A1 modified carbines. Numbers matching with the exception of the muzzle nose piece and mag. I received 2 mags-- 1 aftermarket and one original 12 rnd mag.. I had to beat and bang on the aftermarket to get it feeding correctly and it had never been disassembled. It had been epoxy'd like John Sukey's. Mebbe it was his. The clincher for me was the blood stained sling that came with it. I'm new to old rifle gig. Fool born in 1943.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.