Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several boxes of 1962, 1963 and 1965 Lake City MATCH ammo in .30-06. The 1965 boxes are marked for the 1965 National Matches at Camp Perry.

Are these corrosive? Do they have any collector value?

Thanks in advance. I would hate to find out that I burned through some collectible ammo at the range.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Emo

The LC National Match ammunition is collectable but, unfortunately, there is still a lot of it around and so it's not very valuable. You can find it on the various auction sites for anywhere from $10 to $40 for a clean sealed box, depending on how many boxes you buy. It is not corrosive. The question of whether to shoot it or not is a tough one to answer. As the stuff is shot up it will become more valuable but how long to keep it is always a question. In theory, the box marked for Camp Perry is more valuable but there is also a lot of it still around. The 1965 lot number for Perry, 12220, is one of the more common ones.

Sorry I haven't answered your question. It's one of those things that no matter what you do, you'll probably regret it years from now.

PS - I just noticed your response to one of my old ads to buy match ammo. The boxes you have aren't really what I was looking for but contact me by email anyway. maybe we can work a deal. Also, I'd like to find out what loose Match cartridges that you have.

joyray(at)frontiernet(dot)net

Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts