Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many years ago during the prime of the surplus market, I bought rifles without paying attention as to who made them, markings, or rarity. I would buy based on whether I liked them or not. Now that I'm retired, I'm cataloging them, and have made some pleasant surprises. My Chinese SKS is one of the, It's an all matching, 1959 Arsenal 26 rifle. I'm trying to find a ballpark value on it, but can't seem to find anything. Can anyone help?
Hood Bumper Automotive lighting Fender Motor vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock is incorrect for a 1959 carbine. The sling swivel was switched to the side of the butt stock from 1958 to 1965.

Is there a serial number on the stock? If the stock is matching this is a 1956 to1957 carbine, or a 1958 with a pre-transition stock.

What is the receiver serial number?

The stock is matching to the rifle. The serial number is 3177278.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it is worth more. But everyone has opinions. few examples to compare. If selling, put it out with good pictures, original magazine and full description and see what it beings.
No I'm not selling it. I'm just cataloging my collection for my family in case something happens to me. Heck, I don't even know the details on what I've got. I bought 2 Russian SKS's when my local gun shop had them for $119. Just found out one of them is a 1954 Ivhevsk. I'm finding some gems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts