Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1956 dated, ROF Fazakerley manufactured No.4 Mk2 Lee Enfield and I also know that the No.4 Mk2 production finished and the factory manufacture was closed down in that year and then sold off to Pakistan in that year as well, anybody know how many Faz rifles they made that year before they closed down production and who they were then issued/sold to?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I know Stratton shows none in 1956 made by Faz...I can check Skennerton tonight and see what he says if someone doesn't beat me to it...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There have been a couple discovered by members and displayed here on this board in the past.

Were they manufactured in 1956 or FTR'ed then? I have seen some that people thought were made then but that was when they went in for rebuild. Those were all made on earlier actions. The 1956 serial numbers will be starting with UF A4**** and they will not have FTR stamped next to the model number.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My one is marked No.4 MK2 above UF 56 A 40217, I have read that only 40,000 No.4 MK2's were made in 1955 and that the factory production was shut down early 1956 before they sold and moved all parts and tooling to Pakistan.

So at least 217 No.4 Mk2's were made in 1956 before they stopped making them for good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.