Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is $250 too much to put in a refurbed 54?
I found one today and it would be a great match for my 1954 Tula.
The stock is XXXX'ed out and has matching numbers applied to it, all of the parts on the piece are stamped matching, the bolt is black painted, as is the cover. The only down side is there's no sling and no cleaning rod.
It has the circle, triangle & arrow on the top cover. I seem to remember reading somewhere that this is a desirable piece. Or is it?
Thanks for a reply.
Chuck

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Izhevsk 54

Thanks for the input, I wonder if I should call the store back now and have them put it on hold for me?
How hard is it to find a cleaning rod?

·
Gold Bullet Member
887 Posts
Sounds like an Izhevsk made SKS which are more rare than Tula. For that price, I'd be all over it. The sling and cleaning rod should be fairly easy to find. You might have to use a Chinese cleaning for if you can't find a Russian (I'm not sure the dimensions are the same so make sure first).

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
Chuck, I'd call them back and put a hold on it....$250 is about $75-$100 below what a '54 Izhevsk would go for....cleaning rods are fairly easy to come by....check with some of our sponsors.....

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
54 Izzy on hold

I called them after reading the replies here & consulting with Hoosierdaddy.
They're holding it for me until Friday.
More than likely, I'll be heading back that way tomorrow morning though.
Thank you all for the responses, Even my 10 year old son said to get it then & there.
I should've listened to him, huh? LOL
I appreciate the help everyone! As soon as I get it, I'll post pictures.
Chuck

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
53,226 Posts
Great deal there WVchuck, as mentioned a cleaing rod and sling aren't real hard to find.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rod & sling

Mike,
Can you hook me up with those items? Mostly the cleaning rod as I have a dark blue SKS sling here with Cyrillic markings.
I guess I'd better get back to work.
Thanks again!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts